Dyson hair dryer, quick, silent and easy!
[su_dropcap style=”light”]W[/su_dropcap]hen I first spotted the Dyson hairdryer about a year ago, I was intrigued. It had to do with the funky design of this hair dryer and the fact that it looked so completely different than any other. End last year, I got invited to a Dyson Hair event at the well known Toni Kalin hair salon in Antwerp and thankfully I was free that day, so I jumped on the train and got all excited during the traveling. I was super curious to see how this spacy looking hair dryer would perform.
Before I start my review, let me tell you this. I have been to quite some events. I have received quite some pretty things. And most of all, I know a little bit how marketing and PR works. Which means that they can tell me all about this amazing great new anti-wrinkle cream and that fantastic hair tool, this baby ain’t buying it until she tries it herself.
After a blitzy brushing demonstration on three beautiful models, the invitees got the possibility to get their hair done. I did wash my hair the morning of the event but didn’t brush it, which resulted in ‘wet dog’ hair. Yep, it was planned as I was curious to see how the Dyson would handle that. The hairstylist used a medium size rounded brush and started to brush my dry hair with the Dyson, which made me even more curious because I didn’t think that would give a great result. Out came my inner Poirot as I watched her closely doing her thing and slowly my skepticism melted. It was quite a surprise to see how easy my not that beachy waves got transformed in shiny straight hair.
It’s one thing to get a blow dry by a professional, it’s another to (try to) do the same at home. Happy as a four year old with a new toy I couldn’t wait to play with my funky hair dryer at home. I got the purple one, which makes me feel a Cosmic Girl!
Now this dryer is from another level. It doesn’t look like any other dryer and I can assure you, neither does it feel. For me, it took some practice to get the hang of it, as I’m so used to a ‘normal’ hair dryer shape.
Don’t think I didn’t hear you sighing ‘bloody hell this is an expensive hair dryer’. (399 Euros) I know, I thought exactly the same at first. But than I started thinking… I wash my hair every other day. That doesn’t mean I brush them straight every other day but I do use a hair dryer about 4 times a week. I have shoes in my closet from 300 Euros which I have worn maybe twice. I still have clothes in my closet with the price tag on… in case I loose those extra 2 kg… So I’m not really sure if the Dyson isn’t worth its’ money. After all, I use it quite often and it is a great hair dryer. I will tell you now why.
- Hair protection: this hair dryer doesn’t dry out or damage the hair like other too hot ones do. You can feel that the air is more of a mid-warm. The heat is adjustable from lukewarm to warm. Not extra hot.
- Three air speeds: all three are powerful.
- More silent: gone are the days that you couldn’t have a conversation with your boyfriend while brushing your hair.
- Light weight: in my case a super plus. As you know I suffer from back problems and holding your arms up while brushing your hair doesn’t make that any better. I love the fact that this one is not that heavy.
- More sleep: the Dyson is quick and the result is good. Which means that I can turn over once again in the morning as I don’t have to brush my hair during 30 minutes and than use my velcro curlers to finish the look.
- Magnetic: the styling attachments are magnetically clicked on. I like that.
- It comes with a non-slip mat and storage hanger.
- Makes me sing Jamiroquai songs: I know, that is really not important but as I’m a huge fan, it’s a nice little extra! I’m just a cosmic girl…from another galaxy!
I haven’t tried the diffuser for curls yet, but as soon as I get tired of walking in PJ’s all day and make the decision to get all glammed up again, I will do! Let’s see if my wet doggy hair transform into Ibiza chic beach waves!
For healthy looking hair,
[su_quote]Supersonic. In the whites of his eyes, There’s a supersonic vibe, You can tell by the vibe, He’s a warrior who cries He’s supersonic. I think he’s supersonic[/su_quote]