With these 10 easy makeup tips you will appear fresh and fruity!
When you are getting more and more life experience, you start thinking differently. Things that seemed of world importance when you were 20 now seems to have become irrelevant and you even wonder why you made such a big deal out of it. Your mindset changes. And so should your makeup. There’s no use in applying the same products and using the same makeup techniques as when you where 20 something, -unless your skin is still thight like a baby- so let me give you some makeup tips that will make you look elegant, classy and younger.
- Young or old-er, moisturizing the skin is necessary. When you get older you will have to change products and a weekly scrub will become a necessity. Blushing, radiant skin, that is what we want! Avoid skincare that contains alcohol or chemical perfume.
- Avoid heavy layers of foundation. Choose a lighter product such as a BB Cream or a light foundation. Cream foundations -like MUD-are perfect to blend into the skin.
- A lot of powder is a no-go. Powder will show on the facial hair and ill get into fine lines which will make them show more. Only use powder on the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) if necessary.
- Choose a cream blush over a powder blush. It will melt into the foundation and will make your skin look more natural and fresh than a powder blush.
- Replace heavy and thick concealers by light and liquid formulas. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and Secret Brightening Powder is the perfect combo for the dark circles or little lines underneath the eyes. Use a little amount, you don’t want your concealer to crack when you laugh!
- Less product on the skin, more effort on the eyes. Now is the time to invest in a one-on-one makeup session with a pro, you can’t stay in your usual makeup habits from when you were 20 something.
- Primers will become must-haves. Your make-up will last longer and won’t settle into fine lines.
- Go fresh. Choose fresher and brighter colours like peaches, corals and pinks for cheeks and lips. Avoid pastels and frosty for the lips, they will show the little lines more and make you look ill.
- Don’t forget your brows! I can assure you an immediate eye lifting without a visit to the plastic surgeon. Brows are the soul of your face and when they’re done properly you will look younger.
- And last but not least, there is beauty in any age! Taking good care of yourself will make you feel confident, it will show on the outside!
These are some before and after pictures of a shooting I did for PLUS Magazine last year.
Katelijne, independent coach and yoga instructor, 44 years
Jenny, retired fashion boutique owner, 70 years
Kristel, clerk, 47 years
Ingrid, clerk, 49 years
You see, no matter what age, makeup can look elegant and classy. It’s just a matter of knowing what to use and how to apply the products. So ladies, why not locking yourself up in the bathroom om a rainy Sunday afternoon and experiment? And if you really don’t know, drop me a line!
Don’t let age bother you, you are beautiful,