Fuller lips without injections
These days, it’s all about full lips. I do understand, full lips are sexy, full lips are glamorous. But what to do if you are not blessed like Angelina Jolie and/or afraid of the needle? Here are 5 tips to create a full(er) pout.
1. Make sure your lips are in perfect condition before anything. Give them a little scrub -M.A.C. has some great ones- to remove loose skin and moisturize them with a nourishing lip balm like Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Balm.
2. The return of the lip pencil. You might get a nineties flashback but you can’t achieve the full pout without. You can go for a flesh colour or in the exact same colour as you lipstick. Back into or let’s say new in (insta)fashion is a darker liner, thankfully not 4 shades darker but one tone up. Overdraw the lip line. Don’t worry, I don’t mean you need to go way out but a delicate line drawn just over your natural lip line will do the trick. The size of your pencil point is actually perfect.
3. Fill in the lips with the lipstick. Use a lip brush to do this, you will be able to work more precisely.
4. Highlight the cupid’s bow. It really gives the illusion of wider lips.Use a cream instead of a powder if your lips have already kissed a lot. You don’t want to enhance the little fine lines nor the mustache!
5. Stay away from totally matte lips. Use a high-shine lip gloss or a plumping gloss. If you’re not into gloss you can opt to dab a little bit in the center of the lips. After all, it’s one of the best tricks to make those lips look fuller.
Non of the above pictures are photoshopped. The only adjustment made is the lightning.